The 2018 YJA Convention would not be possible without the tireless work of our volunteers. The Adult Volunteer Coordinator Convention Committee is looking for dedicated individuals to help us host a successful Convention. We need volunteers from around 8 AM on Thursday, July 5th to 2 PM on Sunday, July 8th. Generally, volunteers will be working from around 6 AM to 3 AM during various shifts on the Friday and Saturday (July 6th/7th) of Convention.
Volunteer jobs include:
- Security: Help manage crowd flows, baggage check, and traffic during registration; partner with external security team to ensure Convention rules are followed (requires long periods of standing/sitting)
- Hospitality: Prepare, distribute and transport food, and assist with other food logistics
- Travel: Assist attendees and speakers with reaching the hotel from major airports (requires long periods of standing/sitting and providing transportation from airport to Convention hotel)
- Decorations: Assist setting up decorations in hotel for social events (may require heavy lifting, standing on ladders, and/or reaching heights)
- Speaker Liason: Assist speakers with directions, providing items they may require, and/or assist them with sessions
- Assist Dignitaries: Accommodate dignitaries' needs and assist them throughout the Convention
- Photography/Videography: Use your own equipment to record sessions and events as needed
- General Assistance: Provide help wherever necessary
If you are over the age of 35 and are interested, please fill out this form so that we may reach out to you.
If you have any questions or concerns, look at this FAQ sheet or feel free to email [email protected].
Thank you so much for your interest and help in advance - we look forward to working with you towards making this Convention an amazing experience for our attendees!